This recipe is a good way to use up leftover chicken. The hot sauce is incorporated into the pizza sauce, so you get the classic buffalo chicken flavor without burning your taste buds. If you prefer a spicier foods, you can sprinkle hot sauce on the top of the pizza as well.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Adapted from Fifteen Spatulas
1 T butter
1 T flour
1/2 c milk
1/4 c hot sauce
dash apple cider vinegar
1/2 packet dry ranch dressing mix
mozzarella cheese, shredded
cheddar cheese, shredded
red onion, thinly sliced
cooked chicken, chopped
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2) In a small saucepan, melt butter, whisk in flour, and cook 2-3 minutes.
3) Whisk in milk, hot sauce, vinegar and ranch dressing mix; cook while stirring until slightly thickened.
4) Stretch pizza dough onto a lightly greased baking sheet (I use a large jelly roll pan).
5) Spread desired quantity of sauce on pizza dough; top with cheeses, onion and chicken.
6) Bake 15-18 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.