This recipe is a tasty twist on a traditional meatloaf. We prefer mini meatloaves, but you could certainly follow the original recipe and make one large meatloaf. We served these with Framed Cook’s tomato sauce.
Mini Ricotta Meatloaves
Adapted from Framed Cooks
1/3 c milk
1 c day old bread cubes
1 lb ground beef
2/3 c ricotta cheese
1/3 c chopped green onions
3 T parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp salt
2/3 c mozzarella cubes
1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2) Pour milk over bread cubes and let sit 2-3 minutes, until saturated.
3) Gently squeeze milk out of bread cubes; crumble bread into large bowl.
4) Add beef, egg, ricotta, green onions, parmesan, nutmeg, salt and pepper; mix thoroughly.
5) Add mozzarella and mix until well distributed.
6) Form into 6-7 mini meatloaves and place on lightly greased baking pan.
7) Spray tops with olive oil.
8) Bake 20-22 minutes, until internal temp reaches 160 degrees.
9) Remove from oven and let rest 15 minutes.
10) Serve with tomato sauce.