This is a hearty, satisfying dinner. I love that we can load this dish up with our favorite vegetables.
Chicken Pot Pie
Adapted from Allrecipes.com
1/2 lb chicken breast, cubed
3 red potatoes, cubed
1+ c sliced carrots
1+ c frozen peas
2 c chicken broth
1/3 cup butter
1 medium onion, chopped
1/3 c flour
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
dash onion powder
1 c milk
1/2 recipe pie crust, prepared and chilled
1) Combine chicken, vegetables and broth in a saucepan; boil for 15 minutes.
2) In a separate saucepan, melt butter; saute onions until tender.
3) Stir flour and spices into onion mixture; cook for 2-3 minutes.
4) Strain chicken/vegetables; set aside.
5) Add broth and milk to flour mixture; simmer until thickened; adjust seasonings to taste.
6) Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
7) Roll out pie crust.
8) Combine sauce and chicken/vegetable mixture; pour into greased 8 x 8 baking dish.
9) Cut pie crust to shape; lay over top of mixture.
10) Bake for 30-35 minutes, until browned and bubbly.