These granola bars are easy to make and they transport well. Since my goal was to recreate the Quaker Chewy Fruit and Nut Granola Bars, I mixed in almonds, raisins and cranberries. To keep the bars from crumbling, cut them when they are completely cool and use a sharp knife.
1 2/3 c old-fashioned oats
1/3 c oats, finely ground in a food processor
1/3 c granulated sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2-3 c dried fruit and nuts
2 T peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
6 T butter, melted
1/4 c honey
2 T maple syrup
1 T water
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees; butter an 8 x 8 baking dish.
2) In a large bowl, stir together oats, oat flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon and dried fruits and nuts.
3) In a small bowl, whisk together peanut butter, vanilla extract, butter, honey, maple syrup and water.
4) Pour wet ingredients into dry; stir until evenly coated.
5) Firmly press mixture into prepared baking dish.
6) Bake for 30 – 40 minutes, until edges are browned.
7) Let cool completely.
8) Cut into bars and gently lift from baking dish.