This is an easy tomato sauce that can be whipped up quickly with minimal chopping. You may want to strain off some of the juice before adding the tomatoes to the skillet or, if the sauce seems too runny, just simmer it a little to cook off some of the water.
Simple Tomato Sauce
Adapted from AllRecipes.com
2-3 T olive oil
1 T minced garlic
1 can diced tomatoes
1 pinch crushed red pepper
fresh basil, finely chopped, to taste
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
8 oz fresh mozzarella, chopped
1) In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
2) Add garlic; saute for 1 minute.
3) Stir in tomatoes, crushed red pepper, basil, salt and pepper.
4) Simmer over medium-low heat until sauce is warmed through, and it reaches the desired consistency.
5) Stir in mozzarella; serve immediately over fresh pasta.