As much as we love our crockpot stroganoff recipe, it takes a long time to make and uses a lot of processed ingredients. Also, we usually have to make two batches since I prefer chicken and J prefers beef. This recipe is much simpler and great for a quick weeknight meal.
Easy Beef Stroganoff
Adapted from Simply Recipes
1/2 lb ground beef
1 small yellow onion, sliced
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
8 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
up to 1/2 c chicken broth
3/4 c sour cream
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp dried parsley
1) Break ground beef into quarter-sized chunks; season with salt and pepper.
2) Melt 1-2 T butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add the beef.
3) Allow to cook, without stirring, until well-browned on the bottom; flip the beef and brown the other side.
4) Once meat is cooked through, remove from pan; set aside.
5) Reduce heat slightly; if necessary, melt more butter in the pan.
6) Add onions and saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
7) Remove onions from pan; set aside.
8) Add mushrooms; saute until browned.
9) Stir in garlic; saute for an additional 30-45 seconds.
10) Add about half of the broth to deglaze the pan.
11) Remove the pan from heat; stir in sour cream, paprika and parsley.
12) Add more chicken broth as necessary to reach the desired consistency.
13) Stir in the meat and onions; season to taste.
14) Serve over egg noodles and/or steamed kale.