I don’t know why it took me so long to realize that crispy fries are attainable minus the grease. These turned out golden brown and crispy, everything I want in a french fry. We cheated on the soaking time because we were in a hurry, and the fries still crisped up fine. The thinner you slice the fries, the crispier they will get in less time. Just make sure to keep an eye on them to make sure they don’t burn.
Crispy Oven Fries
Adapted from Zesty Cook
2 large russet potatoes
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2) Wash, peel (if desired) and slice potatoes.
3) Place fries in a large bowl; cover with salted water; let soak for 30 minutes.
4) Drain fries and turn onto a kitchen towel; pat dry thoroughly.
5) Spray (or brush) two large baking sheets with olive oil.
6) Arrange fries in a single layer on each baking sheet, preferably not touching.
7) Spray fries with olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
8) Bake for 40 – 45 mins, stirring once and switching the baking sheets for even cooking, if necessary.