We decided to revisit an old favorite this week and make baked oatmeal. I updated the recipe to include soaking and a few new flavors. I used our homemade applesauce and mixed in raisins and cranberries. I think shredded coconut would be tasty as well.
Soaked Baked Oatmeal
Inspired by Kelly the Kitchen Kop
2 c oats
1 T whole wheat flour
1 1/2 c yogurt
1/2 c applesauce (no sugar added)
1/4 c milk
1/4 c maple syrup
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
dried fruit, nuts, etc.
1) Combine oats, flour and yogurt in a bowl; leave on counter overnight or up to 24 hours.
2) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3) In a separate bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients.
4) Stir liquid mixture into oats until combined.
5) Add dried fruit or nuts to taste.
6) Pour mixture into 8×8 baking dish.
7) Bake for 30 – 35 minutes until center is set.