This is my favorite way to eat peaches! You may need to adjust the amount of sugar depending on the sweetness (or lack thereof) of your peaches.
Adapted from James Beard’s American Cookery
5-6 c sliced peaches (about 5-6 peaches)
1/2 c sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 T lemon juice
1 tsp cinnamon
2 T butter, diced
double crust pie dough
1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2) Combine peaches, sugar, salt, lemon juice and cinnamon in a bowl.
3) Roll out bottom crust; place in 9 inch pie pan.
4) Pour peach filling into pie pan; dot with diced butter.
5) Roll out top crust; lay over filling.
6) Trim and crimp the edges; cut slits in the top of the pie to allow steam to escape.
7) Bake for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 25 – 30 minutes.