This dish made its family debut at a recent Sunday dinner. I’m not sure where Mama K found the recipe, but it’s definitely a winner.
Rice Pilaf with Pine Nuts
2 tsp olive or coconut oil
1 c rice
1/4 c chopped onion
1/4 c chopped celery
1 1/2 c chicken broth
1 tsp seasoned salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 c pine nuts
1) Heat oil in a medium-sized skillet over med/med-low heat.
2) Add uncooked rice and saute until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
3) Add onion and celery to the skillet, saute until slightly softened; add salt and pepper.
4) Combine the rice mixture and broth in a rice cooker and cook as usual.
5) While the rice is cooking, brown the pine nuts in the skillet.
6) When the rice is finished, stir in the pine nuts and serve.