Each time we make this recipe, we make a few changes. I think we’ve finally found the find the right combination of ingredients.
Spicy Brussels Sprouts Stir Fry
Adapted from The Local Cook
3 T coconut oil
1/2 lb brussels sprouts, halved
1 inch ginger, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3/4 water or broth
3 T soy sauce
3 T rice wine vinegar
2 T packed brown sugar
red pepper flakes, to taste
2 c chopped broccoli
1 c sliced bell pepper
1 tsp sesame oil
1 can beans (approx 1 1/2 c), drained
2 green onions, chopped
1 can sliced water chestnuts, drained
2 T peanuts, coarsely chopped
prepared basmati rice
1) In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
2) Saute brussels sprouts, cut side down, until brown; toss and continue cooking until almost fork tender.
3) Add ginger and garlic; saute for additional minute.
4) Add water, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar and red pepper flakes; let sauce reduce a bit (2-3 mins).
5) Add broccoli and bell pepper; saute until nearing desired tenderness.
6) Add beans, green onions, water chestnuts and peanuts; heat through; serve over rice.