This side dish has become a regular in our dinner rotation. I never knew I liked brussels sprouts so much.
Sauteed Brussels Sprouts
brussels sprouts, washed, trimmed and cut in half lengthwise
2-3 T olive oil or butter (or, for extra flavor, bacon grease!)
1/4-1/2 c chicken broth
2 tsp sugar
salt and pepper
1) In a large skillet, heat oil on medium; place brussels sprouts in a single layer, cut-side down.
2) Let cook until the sprouts start to brown; stir.
3) Add broth, sugar, salt and pepper; let simmer for 1min.
4) Cover and cook for 2 mins.
5) Uncover and cook until the excess broth has evaporated.