This recipe is a great substitute for using canned condensed cream soups. I used it on Friday to make Tuna Noodle Casserole. I’d say this quantity is about equal to one can of soup.
Condensed Cream Soup
1/4 c butter, divided
1/2 c chopped onion
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
chopped mushrooms (optional)
2 T flour
1 1/4 c milk
salt & pepper
1) In a large skillet, melt 2 T butter; saute onion and celery until soft.
2) Add garlic; cook for 1 min.
3) Add mushrooms; saute until soft; set aside.
4) In a medium sauce pan, melt 2 T butter; whisk in flour and cook until golden brown.
5) Slowly whisk in milk; cook until slightly thickened.
6) Mix in onion mixture; season with salt and pepper.
7) Use in your favorite recipe.