Taquitos are a great easy dinner. They would also work well as appetizers. These days we mostly replace the chicken with black beans.
Baked Chicken Taquitos
Adapted from Eating, Etc
1/3 c (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/4 c salsa verde
1 T fresh lime juice
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 clove garlic
3 T fresh cilantro, chopped
1 green onion, chopped
2 c cooked, chopped chicken (or black beans)
1 c pepperjack cheese, grated
12 small corn tortillas
1) Preheat oven to 425 deg; spray baking sheet with oil.
2) In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, salsa, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, garlic, cilantro, green onion, chicken, and cheese.
3) Working with a few tortillas at a time, heat tortillas in microwave for 20-30 sec; cover with damp paper towels.
4) Place 2-3 T of mixture on lower third of tortilla; roll tightly.
5) Place seam-side down on baking sheet; don’t allow taquitos to touch.
6) Spray tops lightly with oil; sprinkle with sea salt.
7) Bake for 15-20 mins or until crisp.
8) Serve with more salsa and sour cream.