The title says it all… Jason is very proud of himself.
Jason’s Adaptation of Aunt Theresa’s Potato Soup
6 T butter, plus 2-3 T for sauteing
1/4 c flour
4 c chicken broth
3 tsp chicken bouillon
2 c heavy cream
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp basil
4-5 c diced potatoes
1 large sweet onion, chopped
1 T garlic
bacon, fried and crumbled
cheddar cheese, shredded
green onion, chopped
1) In a large saucepan, melt butter, whisk in flour and cook for 2-3 mins.
2) Whisk in stock, cream and bouillon.
3) Add basil, salt and pepper.
4) Add potatoes; simmer for 15-20 mins.
5) In the meantime, saute onions in butter until soft; add garlic and saute for an additional 30 sec.
6) Add onion/garlic mixture to soup; simmer until potatoes are fork tender.
7) Lightly mash potatoes to achieve desired consistency (optional).
8) Serve with bacon, cheese and green onions.