We’ve been enjoying this granola on top of our yogurt recently. I’ve had some trouble figuring out the correct cooking temp and time, so use the below as a guideline but keep a close eye on your granola so it doesn’t burn. I accidentally bought salted sunflower seeds, so I’ve been leaving out the additional salt.
1 1/2 c rolled oats
1/2 c chopped nuts
1/4 c unsalted sunflower seeds
1/2 T wheat germ
1 tsp ground cinnamon
pinch of salt
1 T unsalted butter, melted
1/4 c pure maple syrup (honey would probably work too)
1/2 c dried fruits
1) Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2) Butter a cookie sheet.
3) In a medium bowl, combine oats, almonds, seeds, wheat germ, cinnamon and salt.
4) In a small bowl, combine butter and maple syrup.
5) Pour the butter mixture over the dry ingredients and mix well.
6) Spread the mixture evenly on the prepared baking sheet.
7) Bake for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8) Break up any clumps while still warm.
9) Let cool; stir in dried fruits.
10) Store in airtight container.