I whipped this up last night because we were craving cake. It tastes like pancakes which is odd but good. Mainly I liked this recipe because it was so quick and easy. I used a half recipe of chocolate frosting to top it off.
Quick Yellow Cake
1 c flour
2/3 c sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 c butter
1/2 c milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3) Add butter, milk and vanilla; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
4) Add egg; beat for an additional 30 seconds.
5) Bake in greased 8×8 pan for 25 minutes.