This is a really tasty, relatively quick meal to put together. When we use fresh pasta from the grocery store (which comes in 10-12 oz packages), I scale the rest of the ingredients back a bit. This is a very flexible recipe, and I’ve found that a little extra cream and water serve as a good substitute for the milk. Sometimes I like to add a bit of minced garlic and/or chopped green onions. Almost anything you like would work.
Pasta with Cream Sauce
1 lb dried pasta
1 1/2 c heavy cream
1/2 c whole milk
1 1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 c (4 oz) grated parmesan
1/2 c sliced mushrooms
1/2 c frozen green peas
2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1) Saute the mushrooms over medium heat until the liquid releases and mostly cooks off; set aside.
2) Cook the pasta according to package directions.
3) In the meantime, warm the cream, milk, salt and pepper in a saucepan over med-low heat.
4) Add the cooked pasta and cheese to the cream mixture; stir until the cheese melts.
5) Add sauteed mushrooms, frozen peas and bacon crumbles.
6) Cook an additional 3-4 minutes until everything is warmed through and sauce thickens.