This is a Mama K recipe. Remembering to prep these the night before is a bit of a pain. I think they’d probably be just as good even if you skipped that step.
2 cans french cut green beans, drained (or equivalent in fresh green beans)
1/2 lb bacon, chopped
6 T sugar
6 T apple cider vinegar
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1) If using fresh green beans, steam for 20 mins.
2) Fry bacon until crispy; remove from pan.
3) Add sugar and vinegar; simmer until combined.
4) In a baking dish, layer green beans, sauce, bacon and onions.
5) Refrigerate overnight.
6) Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.