We had four apples (3 macintoshs and 1 mystery apple) from the farmer’s market that I wanted to use up before we go on vacation tomorrow, so I made apple pancakes for breakfast this morning. The pancakes were a bit bland by themselves; however, they were fantastic with real maple syrup and the apple topping.
1/4 c butter, melted
1 c milk
1 c shredded apple
1 1/4 c flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 T sugar
butter for the skillet
1. Combine butter, egg, milk and apple.
2. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar.
3. Stir flour mixture into the apple mixture, just until combined.
4. Fry pancakes in a hot, buttered skillet.
2 small-medium apples, peeled and chopped
2 T butter
2 tsp lemon juice
pinch of sugar, to taste
pinch of brown sugar, to taste
1. Mix apples with lemon juice.
2. In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
3. Add apples and sugars.
4. Simmer over med-low heat until apples are soft.